Saturday, July 2, 2011

Potter Struggles

An enjoyable struggle, but a struggle non the less; Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone I began yesterday. The novel though amazing and a super fast read, my super busy CRAB schedule has provided me limited time to devote to J.K. Rowling's genius.  Nearly finished the first installment of the Harry Potter saga, I have a few questions and observations I wish to share:

  • I have been saying this since the I heard the books series would stop at 7, but Rowling should really attempt to put into writing Hogwarts a History a book referenced by Hermione Granger countless times.  Side Note: (Emma Watson if you are reading this my friend J.G. Crabitt is single and a stud of a CRAB).
  • I wish more time was spent in Dumbledore's character.  I find the character extremely interesting so I am sure others feel the same way. The book that Rita Skeeter puts out in the Deathly Hollows, though maddening sparks the readers mind.  As for me I want more, if there were a Dumbledore book maybe a biography, I would read it.  
  • As for the first book, I would like to note that Harry's first flight on the Nimbus 2000 and Christmas are amazing scenes.  Not only is Harry finally feeling free from the Dursley's grasp and establishing a home at Hogwarts, but flying and Christmas are two of my favorite things.
  • And for Goodness sake, what does Dumbledore see in the mirror of Erised? Everyone knows its not woolen socks...I just want to know I do not want to imagine.  Is it his sister and mother? World peace? What does Dumbledore, the symbol of love and wisdom, desire within his heart of hearts?
  • Was Ron really that good at Wizard Chess? I mean he was like 11 years old, is he really a strategic master mind? I feel like that isn't really in his Ronald Weasley's character description.
  • Absolutely LOVE John Williams' score for the Harry Potter movies.  I can't help but hear that in my mind as I am reading the book.
That's it for now Potter CRABS, have a Crabby night.

DiCrabs Out.

2 comments:

Len Crabitz said...

Funny you bring up wizards chess, because ron actually pronounces it "wizards chest" referring to his ripped, 6-pack body.

J.G. Crabitt said...

Not even going to try to make a comment as good as Len's, just good work DiCrabio you show true Gryffindor colors