Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Crabs..Always a Fighting Chance

Since this is my first blog I figured I would talk about something that means nothing to me. Last night the Crabs and a Shellder named Vin (who is not a good replacement for me at all so don't let me hear that again) went on a epic quest of fame and fortune in AC. Most everyone was pumped from the start except mad ol Len Crabitz who said he felt like he wouldn't win. (Reminds me of the time when I was told I couldn't find a needle in a haystack, and then did so blindfolded.) When we arrived hopes were high for my fellow crabs and I. We managed to get a table almost exclusively for the Crabs and the Shellder on a Friday night which is truly unheard of. ( Our fame precedes us, just as lightening precedes thunder). However one by one our bets fall ill and the Crabs quickly started running out of treasures. Len Crabitz falls first (bad attitude-party foul?) with DiCrabs and myself closely behind. Then it came to our last 10, and we hesitated on where to put the last of our treasure. Seemingly out of nowhere Vin buys in and places his bet. At the same time DiCrabs and I mastermind an incredible strategy of betting on where we don't think we will win (genius!). We place our bet and win. Then again and win, and again, and again the plan seems flawless. We had both won back a decent amount of treasure but we both were still behind. It was time to test the strategy to the full. I announced to the table that it would not land on 00 (double zero's) and placed 10 on it. To my surprise DiCrab did not back me up on this which would have been our 5th win in a row using our strategy. The wheel was spun and DiCrab placed his bet on black(I believe). The ball went around and around, all the while i knew it would not land on 00. The ball fell and I held my breathe. DOUBLE ZERO'S!!!, I couldn't control my emotions and so I jumped for joy ( MAD TEAM would never do this), and grabbed it which would most definitely would have been a party foul if I hadn't quickly tossed it into the depths of Davy Jones Locker as soon as Crabanly possible. Over $300 was won and I walked away with much of that. DiCrab couldn't recover from not following me on 00, and I believe said and I quote "Haven't won much since Crabtain won big" which almost sounds to me that it was my fault that the winnings weren't coming to him when in fact he was the one who decided not to go with me on Dub Zero's to begin with!"I thought it was a joke!!" was his excuse. Anyway it was another great night in AC and I know there will surely be plenty more where that came from.



-May the Crabs be with you...always

3 comments:

Len Crabitz said...

shellder is an excellent friend.. love it

J.G. Crabitt said...

did you read Dicrabrio's post?

DiCrabrio said...

Enjoyed this but I really just wish we could have joined forces on it or something. Having almost the same posts back to back just looks weird. But good overall first post Barbossa.