Thursday, June 16, 2011

Bruins Win the Stanley Cup

As I watched the final game of the 2011 NHL playoffs three things really caught my eye. The Boston Bruins clearly wanted to win the game more than Vancouver Canucks and the lack of the Canucks really bothered me. Going into the third period down 3-0, I literally saw no effort from the defeated team. They played dirty, with hits that were uncalled for against defenseless players. That being said, the city of Vancouver and their fans really reflects the team. After the game was over nearly 150 people were arrested in Vancouver for raids and violence. It shows how much hockey means to the country of Canada, and how Americans could care less. In fact, I haven't really heard many people at all talk about the NHL playoffs. This brings me to my next point. The NFL is currently in a lockout stage, with most experts completely clueless on whether or not games will be played this year. The NBA will also go into a lockout, which means possibly no basketball for the upcoming season. If these two sports are unable to play, will this being more viewers and fans to the sport of hockey? My third and final question is simple. Why do the Canadian franchises have team names of both the "Canadians" and the "Canucks". If I were one of the franchises I would consider changing to the Crabs. The name simply has a better ring to it and will bring more viewers to the sport.
Stay Crabby Philadelphia

1 comment:

J.G. Crabitt said...

A post about a boston team= lame, plus no picture, but still good, crabby, and insightful