Sunday, June 12, 2011

Congrats Mavs; Mavs Nation


I am so ridiculously excited that I have the chance to talk about the Dallas Mavericks winning their first ever NBA championship. The best NBA finals I have ever seen and also the most deserved victory I have seen in my day. Dirk, Kidd, Terry, Marion, J.J, Chandler and Peja all deserved a ring as well as coach Rick Carlisle. I first want to mention that I predicted the Mavs in six and I predicted after 3 games for the Mavs to win out. Also predicted the Mavs to win by a bigger margin tonight. Just Saying. Anyway, I can't say enough about this team. Always played hard, especially when behind. Great Chemistry. Great Attitudes. An overall humble team. 2 brothers in the faith (Kidd and Terry). I just love this team. I think its going to be hard to root against them if they play my Knicks next year, I've really come to love them throughout this year and especially post-season. I just want to know if its physically possible to stop J.J Barea. The guy is all of 5'7. Thats like Tim Cruise height.
Anyway, does it bother anybody else that the Heat just gave up with like 4 minutes left in the 4th? Honestly its the NBA finals and you have two future hall of famers and one raptor with large talons/snapping turtle alien down low. They just gave up. Chalmers seemed to care more than any of the big three, aside from Bosh crying at the end of the game. I hate the Heat, but it still bothers me that they gave up.
So Dirk finally gets his much deserved title and helps his legacy out quite a bit. Kidd can retire a champion if he so chooses and Marion can rest assured that his CPR-looking shot won him a title. I had a lot more in mind when I sat down to write this but I think I'll just let my colleagues fill in the rest as we celebrate. I also want to point out that Dirk started 1/12 (8.3%) and ended up going 9/27 (33%) and he straight dripped in the 4th quarter, as usual. You'll probably be hearing a lot more from us on how we feel about the NBA and you'll probably hear from me speaking on either the Heat or Knicks a lot, just a forewarning.

1 comment:

DiCrabrio said...

Love Dirk couldn;t be happier for him. And you were right about the links its much funnier with them in each post.