Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Almost Done the Second Book: Thoughts of Power

A big thanks to J.G. Crabitt for doing the Potter post for the fourth in light of my internet ordeal. As I was reading the 2nd book today, I thought semi-deeply about powers and the glimmers of hope I have had throughout my life.

Have you ever thought to yourself, I might be a superhero? 
Well, earlier today and many times prior I observe things that maybe to the average human I believe may be in some instances invisible.  These unnatural observations have led me astray from better judgment, but sometime it feels good to say in my mind hey there’s still a shot I’m a freakin superhero.   It’s never just one occurrence it’s always a string of them.  Say I drop a sledgehammer on my foot (completely hypothetical), one would expect black and blue marks, swelling, and possibly disfiguration of a toenail.  However, this week I get away with no more than just slight discomfort, comparable to an uncomfortable pair of shoes.  So I observe this and I’m thinking dang I’m wolverine, yes!  Though sarcastic, the thought still enters my mind.  Two days pass and I am at work minding my on business when without warning my senses all begin to heighten.  Why can I see and read what the sign at the back of the store displays?  Why can I not only smell, but also decipher what customers had for dinner as they walk past?  As the night progresses my vision enhances yet again.  When I walk into my house after lights out, avoid turning on any lights as my eyes adapted instantly and I can see everything.  I close my self in a closet, just to rule out moonlight for my mind is becoming frantic with possibly super human glee.  Dreams laced with Déjà vu, fill my mind when asleep and when I wake.  I can see vapors unseen by any other.  The vapors are consistent with what I picture midi-chlorians to be; the substance of the universe or force within the Star Wars universe.  “Yes, I have finally tapped into my Jedi power,” I say to myself before my brain can stop me. 
So I can see really well and I didn’t get hurt once, give me a cape cause I’m gonna do the world some good. 


May the CRABs be with you,


DiCrabs Out.     

1 comment:

J.G. Crabitt said...

I think my super power might be looking good, you know thats straight. Or, getting party fouls. Maybe evening "snowing" people. NEWWWWTON