Sunday, November 6, 2011

Reservoir Dogs Review


Hey CRAB people,
Just saw Tarantino's Reservoir Dogs for the first time the other night, and saw it on bluray. Pretty cool, not gonna lie. The bluray part I mean. Not so much the movie.

Tarantino's style is so unique and I don't know if I'll ever be a fan of it. It's just weird; like the weird where I sit there and just think "this guy tried way too hard to be unique." You can be unique without being weird, hence Inception, Boondock Saints, ect. Anyway, I dislike how the plot works. I dislike the long and boring beginning scene and I dislike the way the whole movie moves in general. The acting was pretty good, no complaints there. I just really couldn't get into this movie. Not the greatest character development and not really any likable characters. The idea for the movie was very cool, I just don't like how we're thrown into the middle of it with little clue to whats going on. It would be a lot more enjoyable in my opinion, if instead of flashbacks to tell the stories, they just told the story. I wish we saw the cops, the robbery, ya know, the important stuff. And I understand that Tarantino wanted to do the movie this way and good for him for doing it, it just wasn't my style. Fact- this is not a bad movie. I am just stating that I did not like it. I feel like it could have been a lot better and for all the hype it gets I was very disappointed. But hey, it happens. And hey, my 11th grade teacher ruined fight club for me. Great job! Anyway, see the movie if you havent, then see if you agree with me. Peace out Crabby peeps its been way too long a day.

ACTING:7
CAMERA WORK: 6.5
PLOT:6
REPLAY VALUE: Moderately low
OVERALL(Out of 10, not an average): 5

If you're wondering why I gave it such a low score, its because I couldn't think of other categories to rate; but I'm sure they would be lower than 5's because I didn't enjoy the movie much.

No comments: