Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Captain America

If the world is not enough for Pierce Brosnan, than using that same logic the world is a little to much for Chris Evans.  Captain America: The First Avenger is a solid comic book film, but as it is just that I have a few problems with it.  First things first, too much of the movie was devoted to Evans as a show puppet and not enough time of him being awesome.  This is my personal rule of thumb for superhero movies, when in doubt just shoot more footage of the hero being awesome.  I honestly think that more time needs to be devoted to showcasing the body transformation of the actor playing the hero.  Directors should put more stock in the new features as they were requirements for the role. Two: the middle of the movie dragged on; so much so that I went into nod-off mode (to the movie's defense I was extremely tired, but still..).
Time for some good stuff.  As it turns out the special effects in this movie were incredible. Hugo Weaving as Red Skull and the digitally altered puny Chris Evans was astoundingly consistent.  I also thought there were many funny parts that truly made the film a joy to watch; Tommy Lee Jones and Stanley Tucci were excellent minor characters and aided this refreshing comic side of the film. I don't wanna give away any of the plot for those who have yet to see it so I will end with my ratings.
Movie Rating: 7.8
See-ability: Theater Worthy
Replay Value: medium
Acting: 8
CRAB Rating: 7.4

Goodnight and have a CRABtastic Voyage through life

DiCrabs out!

1 comment:

J.G. Crabitt said...

Good honest review pal, like it a lot. Hope to get back on the blog a lot more now, almost 2000 views!