Thursday, June 23, 2011

Cory to be in a Halfway House?





With the buzz in months past about Charlie Sheen being out of America's favorite "Two and a Half Men", rumors began to swirl about his replacement. Whether or not the show will go on is a mystery because it seems that there is no suitable replacement for Sheen. Not only did I get to attend the tryout, but I had the opportunity to cover the global event. The stars lined up and began auditions to play Charlie Harper, the reckless uncle to Youngin Jake Harper whom is the half-man. Some of the biggest names in Hollywood showed their faces including Aston Kutcher, Gary Busey, Christopher Reeves, Mike Keaton, and Cory. Each thespian brought their own taste to the character, a taste that even Sheen himself didn't bring. The actors were to mimic previous scenes that Charlie Harper had done in past seasons. It seemed as though Kutcher was favorited throughout the auditions, but Cory brought a little extra spice to the table. When the actors were asked to do this scene , Cory proved he could be anything. The scene was set, Sheen was being played by Busey, The son by Reeves, the Dad was played by Mike Keaton, and the dog was played by Cory. It was effortless. Outstanding. The director expressed his love for the character development and told the contestants that he almost had his decision made.

I followed Cory into his dressing room. Shaking whilst he was awaiting to hear if he got the part, Cory looked to me and said "My dad beats me". I shrugged my shoulders because I really didn't know what to say, and kind of half pretended like I didn't hear him. Instead, I continued my game of Crabs with friends with Tim Cruise. He continued to talk at me as I focused on my game, but I think I made out what he said pretty well. It was something like "you ever think life is pointless, like no matter what you do you'll still be an obese child?" I looked over the frame of my Goldblum glasses and said "relax kid, you're Cory" Right then and there the producer of the show walked in and announced boldly to us that it was between Cory and Kutcher. Keep your fingers crossed kids, Cory may be out of your stomach and into a new house. We will continue to cover the auditions and keep you fans posted.

Have a crabby evening and may Cory stay out of the house.

3 comments:

DiCrabrio said...

Amazing had no idea you had access to the casting, soooooo jealous. Do you think you coould introduce me to Cory some time so I can kick him in the nuts. Peace brother.

J.G. Crabitt said...

Yea sure man his number is 1-653-666-suck. Hit him up!

DiCrabrio said...

Called him, it was busy...so I left a message.